Mayor Bob Gatt is seeking re-election for a fifth, 2-year term as Novi’s Mayor on Tuesday, November 5, 2019. Mayor Gatt proudly proclaims numerous Novi awards and accomplishments over the past seven years.
These awards include:
- September, 2018: Money Magazine ranks the City of Novi as the No. 1 community in the State of Michigan in its “Best Places to Live” rankings. Novi rated No. 23 in the United States of America.
- November, 2016: The City of Novi was, once again, recognized as a “5 Star” Community by iLabs at the University of Michigan-Dearborn’s Center for Innovation Research. The award identifies and recognizes cities for their work in fostering entrepreneurial growth and economic development.
- September, 2016: Money Magazine ranks the City of Novi as one of the Nation’s “Best Places to Live.”
- March, 2016: The Novi Police Department’s use of innovative analytics to help reduce traffic crashes was recognized by the Governor’s Traffic Safety Advisory Commission (GTSAC) during its annual awards luncheon on March 23 at the Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center in East Lansing.
- February, 2016: The City of Novi Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department was presented with a “Park Design” Award at the MParks (Michigan Recreation and Park Association) Conference and Trade Show from February 16-19 in Acme, Michigan.
- Novi was voted one of the Top 10 (No. 6) cities and towns for families in the United States by Family Circle Magazine.
- Novi earned the “Voice of the People” Award for Excellence in Code Enforcement and Library Services by the National Research Center and International City County Management Association.
- Novi earned the “Distinguished Budget” Award for the 16th consecutive year from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Novi earned the “Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting” Award for the 14th consecutive year from the Government Finance Officers Association.
- Novi's Engineering Division earned the National “Transportation Project of the Year” Award for the Detroit area by the American Public Works Association for the Nine Mile Road Pathway from Meadowbrook to Haggerty roads. (The project was chosen because the design integrates the pathway with many natural features which grace the mile-long stretch and provides safe travel for residents in one of the most densely populated areas of the city.)
- Novi earned (for the eighth straight year), the “Gold Promoting Active Communities” Award from the Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness. Novi truly is a Leader in this area, and the ONLY city in the state of Michigan to accomplish this award for eight straight years.
- Novi Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department received an “Innovative Programming” Award in 2012 from the Michigan Recreation and Parks Association for the Parent-Child GOLF Open and Drive-in Movie activity at the recently renovated Links of Novi.
- Novi Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department received two “Innovative Programming” Awards in 2011 from the Michigan Recreation and Parks Association – one for the creation of the Cricket Up and the other for Kid’s Camps at Lakeshore Park.
- Novi was the only city in Michigan to be recognized with a “James Farrel” Award for hosting one of the highest rated national girls fast pitch softball tournaments in the country at Power Park.
- Mayor Bob Gatt was named "Person of the Year" in 2010 by novi.org.