If you have not voted recently, please check to see if your previous voting location has changed. You can do so by visiting the following website:
Register to vote
If you have previously voted in federal or state elections, and you reside in the City of Novi, you are registered to vote.
To register to vote you must be …
- a U.S. citizen;
- at least 18 years of age by election day;
- a resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are applying to register to vote.
You can register to vote for by mail; at the Novi City Clerk's office; or by visiting any Secretary of State branch office.
You must register at least 30 days before the election which will take place on November 2, 2021. This gives the clerk time to process the forms and send you a Voter Identification Card. You must also re-register to vote whenever you move to a new city or township.
Voter Registration Form
If you are not able to vote in person on November 2, 2021, you must submit an application for an absent voter ballot to the Novi City Clerk’s office. The ballot then will be mailed to you, and must be returned it to the Novi City Clerk (by mail or in person).
You must submit an absentee ballot at the Novi City Clerk’s office before 2 p.m. Saturday, October 30, 2021.
Absentee Ballot Application Form
Additional Absentee Voter Information
Note: A registered voter may obtain an absentee voter ballot for an upcoming election if he or she:
- is 60 years of age or older
- is unable to vote without assistance at the polls
- expects to be absent from his or her city or township of residence for the entire time the polls are open
- is in jail awaiting arraignment or trial
- has been appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of his or her precinct of residence
- is unable to attend the polls due to his or her religious beliefs.